EPTDA ASBL (hereinafter referred to as ‘EPTDA’) respects your privacy and acts to ensure that you can safely entrust it with your personal data.
In the course of your contact with EPTDA, certain data about you are collected and processed. Since you can be personally identified from these data, they constitute ‘personal data’.
Full information about what personal data EPTDA processes and how EPTDA handles it appropriately can be found below.
- This privacy statement & policy
- Personal data held by EPTDA
- Processing of personal data by EPTDA
- Sharing of personal data by EPTDA
- Your rights
- EPTDA’s data security policy
- Contact details
1. This privacy statement & policy
This privacy statement & policy applies to all personal data that EPTDA collects from you and processes within the framework of the EPTDA Leadership Academy.
By using this website, and other products and services of EPTDA, you agree that this privacy statement & policy applies to your personal data processed by EPTDA.
EPTDA reserves the right to change this privacy statement & policy at any time. The applicable version is always available on EPTDA’s website dedicated to the EPTDA Leadership Academy (eptda.academy).
2. Personal data held by EPTDA
Various data may be collected and processed by EPTDA in various ways. They include:
Data that you provide directly to EPTDA
- Identification and contact information: surname, first name, address, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, date of birth, age, gender, etc.;
- Financial information: bank account number, BIC code, name of account holder, etc.;
- Login data relating to a user account: name and username, email address, password, security question and answer, connection times, etc.;
- Information concerning the products and/or services you wish to order, favorite products or services, interests, preferences you indicate via our websites, etc.;
- Complaints or feedback via our support channels regarding your experience with EPTDA, comments, suggestions, testimonials and all other feedback;
- Other data and content that you exchange, communicate and share via the EPTDA’s, websites, such as text, images, sound recordings, etc.
Information you provide by using the websites
When you use EPTDA’s websites, the following information may be processed: visited pages, websites and searches (recorded by means of cookies, data that you yourself enter on the websites and other data to which you have given EPTDA access (such as location data, etc.).
Data from other sources
EPTDA may also collect and process data from other sources, for example from EPTDA’s partners, public sources, social media, etc. For the use of social media channels, the rules and preferences of these providers will apply, both to you and to EPTDA.
On the EPTDA websites you may find links to other websites. These websites may not be managed by EPTDA and may have their own privacy statement or policy. EPTDA strongly advises you to read these and cannot take responsibility for these third-party websites.
You are not obliged to provide your data to EPTDA or agree to its processing. However, in certain cases it will be necessary to communicate personal data to EPTDA (such as your name, address, email address, etc.), so that we can provide a proper service and comply with applicable legislation.
3. Processing of personal data by EPTDA
Personal data are processed by EPTDA for the following purposes:
- The formation and performance of a contract with you (e.g. arranging subscriptions, ordering products and/or services, creating a user account, etc.), invoicing and the monitoring and collection of payment on invoices, whether or not via third parties;
- Making it possible to exchange, create and delete certain information and/or contact other users on websites, etc.;
- The continuous improvement, maintenance and optimization of our services, and websites, and their security, and the optimization of EPTDA’s general and marketing strategies;
- Personalizing the products and/or services to be delivered to you and the associated support services, user information, service messages and other related messages (electronic or otherwise);
- The sending of targeted, personalized advertisements, newsletters and information. For this purpose EPTDA may collect your preferences and interests in a profile. EPTDA will always request your permission first before using advanced profiling techniques;
- Compliance with the regulations applicable to EPTDA in the broadest sense;
- Other specific purposes for which separate permission may be requested.
4. Sharing of personal data by EPTDA
Personal data may be shared with partners, suppliers or other agents of EPTDA when such processing by third parties is necessary for creation, execution, use, purchase, accessing or completion purposes with regard to products, services, or websites, etc. The necessary agreements will always have been concluded with these partners, suppliers and other agents to restrict the use and processing of your personal data and ensure sufficient protection of your personal data.
If your permission is legally required or we believe that your consent is appropriate in a particular circumstance, we will always ask for such permission before we share your personal data or transfer it to a country outside the European Economic Area.
Your personal data will only be released in accordance with this privacy statement & policy and/or if legally required. In rare cases, EPTDA may be required to disclose your personal data by a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. EPTDA will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance of this, unless it is subject to legal restrictions.
Our partners, supplier and other agents may only use your personal data to send you offers, newsletters and other commercial information if you have given separate permission for this. If you no longer wish to receive these items, you may contact these third parties at any time to stop this use of your personal data (see point 8 of this privacy statement & policy).
Finally, personal data may also be made anonymous and shared with third parties at any time. You will at no time be identifiable on the basis of any such anonymized data.
5. Your rights
You have the right at any time to inspect and correct your personal data processed by EPTDA.
You also have the right to the deletion of your personal data, to the restriction of the processing of your personal data and to the portability (transferability) of your personal data, to the extent that this is provided for by the applicable regulations.
You may withdraw the consent you have given for specific processing operations and object to the processing of your personal data at any time for serious and legitimate reasons. You also have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing, the transfer of your personal data to third parties (if this transfer is not necessary for the service provided by EPTDA) and the creation of your profile.
To do this, you can contact EPTDA via: Get in touch – EPTDA
You also have the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority: privacycommission.be.
6. EPTDA’s data security policy
In order to optimize the protection of your personal data, EPTDA takes all reasonable measures and applies best practices to prevent loss, misuse, disclosure, unauthorized access or modification of these personal data. The necessary technical and organizational measures are taken to ensure a sufficient level of security.
Payment details are always protected using the standard encryption process normal for protecting sensitive financial information.
EPTDA will not store your data for longer than necessary for its processing, taking into account EPTDA’s contractual and legal obligations in relation to these data and EPTDA’s mission of answering customer questions correctly, improving the quality of its products and services and complying with its legal obligations.
7. Contact details
This website is owned and operated by EPTDA.
We are registered in Belgium under registration number BE0866898896, and our registered office is at Grensstraat 7, 1831 Diegem, Belgium.
Our principal place of business is at Grensstraat 7, 1831 Diegem, Belgium.
You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(b) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
(c) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.